Coders Connect 💙 are partnering with an exciting fin-tech start-up 🚀 that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
As a wholesale and clearing bank, they’re building for scale from day one – the infrastructure has to scale to tens of thousands of requests per second, with all systems fully correct and available. They’ll also need fully-functional integrations with a half-dozen different payment rails such as Faster Payments, Direct Debit, CHAPS, and various card networks.
✨ The Role
The engineering team is currently the CTO + 4 engineers. They plan on growing to 15 in the next year and continuing at that pace over the next few years. As the VP of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for leading the department through that critical transition.
- Growing the team through hiring both individual contributors and engineering managers
- People management across engineers and managers
- Project management and ownership of key engineering deliverables
- Ownership of process and communication throughout engineering
- Experience managing both managers and individual contributors
- A track record of estimation, delivery and roadmapping in an Agile environment
- Previous coding experience not required, but strongly preferred,
- Experience in SaaS or FinTech business at a time of growth
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working – including supporting home office setup
- Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Company pension scheme
- A card for covering work expenses
- Private medical insurance and life insurance
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
|🤑 Salary||£80k - £100k|