Coders Connect 💙 are partnering with an exciting start-up 🚀 that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
As a wholesale and clearing bank, they’re building for scale from day one – the infrastructure has to scale to tens of thousands of requests per second, with all systems fully correct and available. They’ll also need fully-functional integrations with a half-dozen different payment rails such as Faster Payments, Direct Debit, CHAPS, and various card networks.
As an SRE, you’ll be responsible for building, operating and monitoring production infrastructure. As a small startup (the engineering team is currently 5 + CTO), the list of projects is always changing, but the kinds of things you’ll work on include:
- Configuring AWS using our custom Clojure Infrastructure-as-Code tool
- Writing Jepsen tests to verify our systems
- Writing load tests for our systems
- Writing a tool to take consistent backups and restores of our entire system.
- Improving our Continuous Deployment pipeline
This is a Clojure shop, and use it in places where other teams might use shell scripting or YAML, so this job is heavy on code.
Technologies: AWS, Clojure, Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes.
- 4+ years experience in SRE/DevOps
- Strong understanding of IP networking
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- A desire to work with small teams in fast-paced start-up environments.
- Experience in either Clojure or another functional language
Experience with Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes preferred, but not required
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC’s Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance through AXA
- Private life insurance through AIG
|Job Category||DevOps Engineering|
|💰 Salary||£60k - £80k|