Coders Connect 💙 are partnering with an exciting start-up 🚀 that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
As part of the product team, your job will be to liaise with customers about what their needs are and to help translate those into product specs, working with the development team to guide feature development. You can expect to acquire an intimate knowledge of relevant banking regulations along the way.
This is a product role, not a project role. You will be taking ownership of their platform banking products and be responsible for strategic direction as well as implementation. Because this role orients so significantly around ownership and strategy, we are looking for people who understand the difference between a product manager and a project manager. We are looking for the former, not the latter.
As a company they are still fairly young, which means that they don’t yet have product-market fit – though have invested a lot of time in speaking with customers about their needs and have a clear product thesis and strategy.
They practice active continuous integration and deployment, which means small changes are deployed many times per day.
This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Meeting with potential customers to discuss their needs and gather requirements
- Reading the regulations and related best practices that are relevant to our business (e.g. the FCA handbook, JMLSG, etc).
- Working closely with our executive team (CFO, CRO, CCO, etc.) to understand regulatory requirements and how they impact our products
- Writing up product specifications and feature qualification documents
- Helping to define OKRs – and then making sure we meet them!
- Working closely with the engineering team on making sure implementation solves the business need
- Responding to regulation-related questions from the development team
- You must have led the user experience research to develop and then launch a product at a Pre-Seed/Seed/Series A startup (i.e. pre-product-market-fit).
- You must have a track record in launching “consumerisation of enterprise” / “minimum lovable product” products or launched v1 of an exceptional product in a complex space.
- You should be obsessed with customer and user research.
- You should be exceptional at creating structure out of unstructure.
- You need to be sufficiently technical to have strong opinions about what a good API product looks like.
- Prior experience in the European fintech or banking sector.
- Prior experience at an API-first company.
- Some prior experience in payments or white-label banking a huge plus.
- Technical ability (i.e. you can write code).
|Job Category||Product Management|
|💰 Salary||£60k - £80k|