Coders Connect 💙 are partnering with an exciting start-up 🚀 that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
✨ The role:
As a Frontend Engineer you’ll be responsible for building out the UI and API for our core banking systems, which are responsible for handling compliance as well as managing accounts and transactions. This role is somewhere between 50-100% frontend CLJS (ClojureScript ) work, with the remainder being backend Clojure work.
The frontend is a reframe SPA using styled-components.
We have a designer on staff, you’ll be working with them to build out UI, integrate the SPA with the backend API, and potentially extending the API.
As a wholesale and clearing bank, we’re building for scale from day one – our infrastructure has to scale to tens of thousands of requests per second, with all systems fully correct and available. We’ll also need fully-functional integrations with a half-dozen different payment rails such as Faster Payments, Direct Debit, CHAPS, and various card networks.
Our engineering team is currently small and close-knit (5 people, plus our CTO).
- At least 2 years professional experience, and ideally 4+.
- Strong frontend engineer experience
- Some Clojure or ClojureScript experience
- Good UX / design taste
- Experience with the other parts of our stack (Kafka, Kube, AWS, Dataomic) is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working well with small teams, ideally in fast-paced start-up environments.
🤓 Tech Stack: Clojure, ClojureScript, Kafka, Datomic, Kubernetes, AWS
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC’s Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Flexible working
- Private medical insurance through AXA
- Private life insurance through AIG
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
|💰 Salary||£60k - £80k|