Coders Connect 💙 are partnering with an exciting start-up 🚀 that are on a mission to help companies launch financial products, as an API-first bank. This incredibly smart concept allows companies of all sizes to connect with banking infrastructures.
You’ll be responsible for building out the core banking systems, responsible for handling compliance as well as managing accounts and transactions. As a wholesale and clearing bank, they’re building for scale from day one – the infrastructure has to scale to tens of thousands of requests per second, with all systems fully correct and available. They’ll also need fully-functional integrations with a half-dozen different payment rails such as Faster Payments, Direct Debit, CHAPS, and various card networks. The engineering team is currently small and close-knit (5 people, plus our CTO).
✨ Tech Stack: Clojure, Kafka, Datomic, and Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial software engineering experience (essential), ideally in a functional programming language (desirable)
- Some prior Clojure experience is required.
- Either a very strong distributed systems background or a healthy amount of full-stack exposure (i.e. experience integrating front and backends directly).
- Experience with the other parts of our stack (Kafka, Kube, AWS, Datomic) is preferred, but not required.
- Similarly, relevant domain experience in payments or core banking systems is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Experience working well with small teams, ideally in fast-paced start-up environments.
|Job Category||Software Engineering|
|💰 Salary||£60k - £80k|